Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Aloha, Tokyo!

After taking one last walk down the streets of Roppongi and meeting Alfred for coffee one last time, Nicole and I made our way to Narita airport. Really the only good that came from it was that we were upgraded to economy plus for free and there was a different episode of Hannah Montana. My TV, however, wasn't working. So, rather than strain my neck to watch Nicoles, I slept almost the entire 7 hours.

It's nice to be home and see my Dad, but Nicole and I have been missing Tokyo quite a bit. To satisfy us, our first night we rented Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift. Of course, I was jetlagged and slept through the entire thing. For Nicole's birthday (4th of July) we went out to a Japanese restaurant in Waikiki! That was nice except the waiters and chefs spoke perfect English. It turned out to be a blessing because after all the talking we did, he gave us ice cream on the house.

Speaking of house, the picture above is my back yard overlooking Kaneohe bay.
I took Nicole on one hike to Manoa falls. It was a fun trail even with the typical sprinkled. Unfortunately, the waterfall was only a trickle - most people were pretty disappointed. We drowned our sorrows in an Andy's eggplant melt and smoothie. Even though Japanese food was good, nothing compares to the food in Hawaii!


Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to Nicole yesterday. She's back in O-town and starting at work again tomorrow. Good luck with those day dreams. As for me, I'm just sitting back and relaxing. I get to swim every day and eat fish... and mochi, and shave ice, and kim chee, and zippy's, and the list goes on...

Thank you to all who read my blog and to those who pretended that they read it even though they couldn't answer specific questions about it. (No, really, I'm not offended at all). :) It's been fun and I may do this again for my trips in the future. Or maybe even for my daily life. I know you're all dying to hear about what I learned about Trademark law on a daily basis.

I will post the link to all my pictures from the trip so check back.

For now, alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooha!

1 comment:

Nicole DeRosa said...

i am skyping you right now as it's 6:21am in orlando. i woke up crying at 3:30 am that i wasn't still in tokyo and cannot go back to bed now. :( god we had the most amazing time. i will say it again, not even my wedding day could top our time in tokyo/hawaii. (or it will be super hard to top) with the ridiculous good fortune we had! : ) LOVE YOU LONG TIME SHAI SHAI SANNNNNNNN

xoxo
tokyo love
tokyo drifts ; p