Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dizuney sheee

Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea were fantastic! That rounded out my 9th Disney park around the world!

Nicole had this great idea that we should bring our kimonos to the park so we could take a picture in them in front of the castle. As stupid as I thought the idea was, I did it anyway. As we were putting them on near the entrance of Disney Sea, a girl came up to us and said that they were doing something special today for people wearing yukatas in the park - would we be wiling to be in a magazine?

Um... YES! So, she lead us over for a photo shoot and we will be appearing in Tokyo-Graffiti - a trendy magazine! Yep, we're big in Tokyo!
The park was pretty strange - it was similar to what I know very well, yet different. Kind of like a bizzaro world. Everything looked the same, but, people were well behaved and nobody spoke my language. Also, Disney was kind of like a fashion show; everybody dressed up all cute-like and they were skinny. It was very different from the fatsos shoving turkey legs and ice cream into their beer guts.

I bought a minnie mouse doll in a kimono - she's pigeon toed.

No comments: